Tuition Assistance is available through The BASIC Fund, the Archdiocese of San Francisco Family Grants, and Our Lady of Mount Carmel School’s Tuition Assistance Fund.
- Applicants for The BASIC Fund Scholarships apply directly to The BASIC Fund (see below).
- For Archdiocesan Grants and OLMC Tuition Assistance, applicants are required to demonstrate financial need by completing the TADS online application (see below), a third party service that evaluates financial data for all schools in the Archdiocese of San Francisco. TADS makes recommendations of calculated needs to Our Lady of Mount Carmel School and the Archdiocese.
ALL applicants: please read our: 2023-2024 OLMC Tuition Assistance Policy (pdf)
Applicants to Our Lady of Mount Carmel School: please do NOT wait for your Admissions decision to apply for tuition assistance. Tuition Assistance is available for students of all grade levels: Preschool, TK, Kindergarten, 1st-8th grades. Complete The BASIC Fund & TADS now!
OLMC Tuition Assistance awards will be processed by mid-June.
Assistance Sources, Processes, and Deadlines
The BASIC Fund provides scholarships to thousands of students each year, and has supported more than 25,000 students since they began in 1998. BASIC Fund scholarships are awarded first-come first-served on the basis of financial need. The awards are based on household size and income, covering anywhere from 25-75% of a school’s tuition, up to $2,500 per student per year.
Children entering Preschool, TK, Kindergarten or entering private school for the first time are eligible to apply for The BASIC Fund. It is essential to apply in your first year of private school, as The BASIC Fund does not accept applications after a child's first year in private school.
How to Apply
- Application for 2024-2025 can be found on their website www.basicfund.org.
- Scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis until the March 29, 2024 deadline.
- Application must be complete to be considered by March 29 deadline.
- The earlier you apply the better your chances of receiving a scholarship!
- Scholarships offered to Preschool-TK-K-8th grade students.
- Renewing applicants to The BASIC Fund will renew online in March 2024.
Please note that only one TADS application is required per family per academic year. If you have multiple children attending different schools (Catholic elementary and Catholic high school) you need only submit one application. You will be directed to select the schools your children attend during the application process. Additionally, if you are applying for the Archdiocesan Family Grant, there is an opportunity to indicate this information on the TADS application.
How to Apply
You must apply for Archdiocesan Grants and OLMC Tuition Assistance through TADS.
- Go to https://www.mytads.com/
- Click on FA Financial Aid Assessment
- Click to login or Create a new account
- ALL Archdiocese Grant and OLMC Assistance applicants MUST complete TADS.
- April 14, 2024 - strict deadline for Archdiocese of San Francisco grants! Please ensure that ALL required documents are submitted.
- Parents may complete application with 2022 IRS tax forms. If the 2023 IRS tax forms will indicate a greater need for financial assistance, then OLMC encourages parents to complete 2023 IRS tax forms ASAP and update your TADS application.
- Then, parents complete the TADS application for 2024-2025.
- Incomplete applications on April 14 risk missing Archdiocese of San Francisco and OLMC scholarships.
- Parents must confirm status of application. Should be in "GOOD" condition prior to April 15 deadline.
Archdiocesan Family Grants
The Archdiocese of San Francisco is fortunate to be able to offer more than $1,000,000 in scholarships each year. Grants are awarded to families living within the confines of the Archdiocese (Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties), and are awarded on a need basis until funds are exhausted.
You must apply for Archdiocesan Grants through TADS (see TADS section above).
OLMC Tuition Assistance
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School is proud to be one of the few schools on the Peninsula to be able to offer its own Tuition Assistance Fund. We have been blessed with many gifts, both large and small, and are touched by the generosity of our alumni, alumni parents, and parishioners. The school administration considers many factors including changes in family structure, how many children are enrolled at OLMC, and if older children in the family are also attending Catholic high school. Review our Tuition Assistance Policy by clicking here!
To be considered for OLMC tuition assistance, families must submit an application through TADS (see TADS section above). OLMC will use the TADS Equal Ratio model to distribute financial assistance.
Please note that only one TADS application is required per family per academic year.