At Our Lady of Mount Carmel, technology is integrated into all subjects. To support the learning process, OLMC School houses a substantial collection of computing devices including iPads, Chromebooks and Apple laptop computers for student use. All learning spaces are equipped with interactive whiteboards connected to Apple TV, document readers and networked printers. The school is completely wireless with plenty of wifi access points. Students in grades 3-8 use Google Classroom to share documents with teachers and peers.
Commitment to STEM Education
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education is playing an increasingly important role in preparing today’s students for future growth. Being in the heart of Silicon Valley, OLMC is committed to providing foundational technology education to all students.
- Creates critical thinkers
- Increases science literacy
- Enables the next generation of innovators
This is great preparation for other coding classes, whether in person or online.
- Students will become familiar with the basics of programming in general, and client side web development specifically.
- Students will develop an appreciation for the powerful tools at the fingertips of programmers.