Summer is a great time to plan for the upcoming school year. Here you'll find everything you need to get off to a great start next year! Please check back as this site will be updated regularly.
2021-2022 Summer Assignments and Supplies
- 2021-2022 Master Calendar
- Uniform Information
- Uniforms may be purchased from Dennis Uniform. Please be sure to choose the correct grade level and gender for your student from the upper right menu.
- Visit our Uniform Bank of free, gently used uniforms. Uniforms will be available starting in August. If you have uniforms to donate, please contact the front office.
- Summer Academic Assignments- Please select the grade that your student will be in next year.
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Sixth- Seventh- Eighth Grade. Please be sure to look at the correct page for your grade level!
- School Supplies- If you would like to have your child's school supplies on his/her desk the first day of school, you can order them online now through August 1st from EPI School Supply. Our school code is OUR244.
Looking for extra summer fun? Check out these other summer activities for your student!
For All Students (New and Returning)
- Letter regarding immunizations
- Report of Health Exam- MUST be completed and turned in before August 23rd
- Immunization Record- MUST be completed and turned in before August 23rd
- If you plan to volunteer at school, complete these forms ONLY if you have NOT already done so in previous year
- If you plan to drive on field trips:
- Parent Driver’s License (if not already on file)
- Current Car Insurance Policy's Declaration of Coverage
- If you plan to volunteer in PreSchool and TK:
- a current TB test must be on file in the school office
- Agreement to Abide by COVID-19 Protocols
- Permission for Online and/or Live-Streaming Instruction
- COVID-19 Waiver of Liability
- Technology Contract (Grades 3-8)
Forms for New PreSchool and TK Families
- Physician’s Report-Child Care Centers (To be filled out by doctor and original copy submitted)
- Child’s Preadmission Health History-Parent’s Report (To be filled out by parent and original copy submitted)
- Child Care Center Notification of Parents’ Rights (To be placed in child’s file)
- Personal Rights-Child Care Centers (To be placed in child’s file)
- Certificate of Catholic Baptism (if applicable)
Forms for New K-8 Families
- Parents' Guide to Immunizations Required for School Entry
- Certificate of Catholic Baptism (if applicable)
- Certificate of Catholic First Communion (if applicable)
Extended Day: Extended Day is for PreSchool and TK students. Extended Day will operate just as we did last year with a maximum of 15 students per afternoon. Registration was completed via the 2021-2022 School Enrollment Packet. If you would like to add or change a reservation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids Place: Kids Place is for K-8th grade students. Kids Place will resume after taking a COVID break. Please log into your FACTS Family Portal to register.
Meet Our New Faculty!
Kalei Ching: 6th Grade Homeroom Teacher
Kalei Ching is very excited to be back at OLMC! Kalei has a long history at this beautiful school, having first taught first grade decades ago as a new teacher just out of graduate school. After taking some time off to raise a family, she returned to Mt. Carmel in 2013, this time in 7th grade; most recently, she taught a year of junior high science. Now, she is looking forward to rejoining the junior high team as the 6th grade homeroom teacher.
Ellen DeMartini: 1st Grade Teacher
Ellen DeMartini was born and raised in the Peninsula. Ellen's OLMC journey started as a volunteer in the 4th grade classroom. She then transitioned into being the 1st grade aide this past January, and is so excited to be the 1st grade teacher in the Fall! Ellen's hobbies include hiking, reading, hanging out with friends and family, running, going to concerts, and going on road trips. Her favorite season is Fall because that's when college football starts. Go Padres and Go Ducks!
Mary Dournaee: Middle School Science Teacher
Mary Dournaee is a genuine Bay Area native; she was born in San Francisco and grew up in San Mateo, CA. Mary attended St. Matthew’s Catholic school through 8th grade and graduated high school at St. Ignatius College Prep. While completing an engineering degree at Cal Poly, Mary was very active in the Society of Women Engineers and her SWE team won the Boeing Team Tech competition with a self-deploying heat shield design for wildland fire engines.
Upon graduation, Mary spent several years as a mechanical designer as well as a math and science after school tutor. She has taught at Mercy High School in Burlingame as well as University Prep Academy in San Jose. Along with her graduate studies in education and computer science, Mary was fortunate to join SFSU’s Estuary and Ocean Science Center during the summer to research coastal ecosystems and climate trends within the San Francisco Bay Area.
Mary’s hobbies include hiking, gardening, curriculum writing, and developing websites. Mary has had a passion for nature since she first started trekking around in the redwoods of Arnold, CA as a girl. She is a wife and a mother of two young energetic children who also love nature and its beautiful patterns.
Mary is so excited to join the Mount Carmel community as the junior high science teacher!
Megan Galarza: 5th Grade Team Teacher
Megan is thrilled to be teaching at her alma mater! A third generation Padre herself, Megan has always considered Mt. Carmel home. After being an elementary aide and Kid’s Place teacher, Megan moved to Southern California to get her masters and credential through the Loyola Marymount University PLACE Corps program, where teachers teach in their own classrooms while simultaneously earning their masters in education and teaching credential. Megan taught 3rd grade at St. Anthony of Padua in Gardena, California before moving back to the Bay Area in 2019. Megan has spent the last year and a half in a behind the scenes role at OLMC, editing the weekly newsletter, school website, and alumni and donor database.
Megan is passionate about teaching, and especially loves helping her students become confident, capable, and caring people. Her favorite thing about OLMC is the sense of community and belonging. She is awed that she now has the opportunity to teach alongside some of her teachers from when she was a Mt. Carmel student!
Megan and her husband Joaquin have one son who is starting his own Padre journey in PreSchool. As a family, they enjoy going to the Hiller Aviation Museum, CuriOdyssey, Filoli, and Kepler’s and the Reading Bug for new stories.