Our Lady of Mount Carmel offers a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum for students in PreSchool through 8th grade, ensuring students obtain the skills and knowledge required for their future success.
Because OLMC exists to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to its students, religious instruction is of primary importance in the school. Christian attitudes and actions are integrated into the complete school day. In addition to religion, Our Lady of Mount Carmel offers a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate, and dynamic curriculum for students in PreSchool through 8th grade. The curriculum includes Common Core Standards along with Archdiocese of San Francisco curriculum standards.
OLMC has unique curriculum enhancements, offering Spanish, Art, Music, PE, Social-Emotional Learning and Drama across all grade levels. Our Middle School grades benefit from further enrichment and service-oriented curriculum.
The curriculum undergoes continuous evaluation and refinement in response to student needs and current educational research. It is driven by the Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs) that have been established for our students and measured via our standards-based report card. These SLEs help guide us in giving our students the education that they need in order to succeed in future educational experiences and to live productively as Christians, citizens, workers, and family members in their adult lives.
These Schoolwide Learning Expectations guide all of our decisions, to ensure that our practices are aligned with the school’s mission and philosophy. Each student of Our Lady of Mount Carmel School will:
Schoolwide Learning Expectations
LIVE With Integrity
- I recognize the needs of others and respond appropriately
- I show a positive attitude toward my peers
- I resolve conflicts with others peacefully
- I take accountability for my actions
- I learn from actions and mistakes
- I use good manners
- I take care of our school, environment and community
LOVE Like Jesus
- I follow Jesus in my words and actions
- I show kindness to others
- I forgive others
- I demonstrate knowledge of Catholic beliefs, traditions, and teachings
- I know my prayers
- I participate fully in Mass
- I do God’s work through service
LEARN With Purpose
- I complete my work to the best of my ability
- I show a positive attitude toward school and learning
- I work productively with others
- I work productively alone
- I advocate for myself when needed
- I take action to improve the quality of my work
- I keep trying my best even when work is challenging