The Consultative School Board (Board) exists to assist the school community in its essential goal of educating young people and passing on the Catholic faith and its traditions to its students. In their Pastoral statement, To Teach As Jesus Did, the U.S. Bishops state that “planning and implementing the educational mission of the Church must involve the entire Catholic community and that such involvement is achieved through such structures and processes representative of the Community.” (TTJD #139). By drawing on the expertise and experience of its members, the Board helps secure the future of the school as an institution of education and formation in Catholic moral principles and traditions, and in all aspects of education.
2022-2023 School Board Membership
- Raquel Barbarotto
- Patrice Cresci Hornung
- Christina Gann-Munguia
- Natalie Lashinsky
- Leah Loo
- Adam Plumpton
- Joe Rakow
Ex Officio Members of the Board
- Jennifer Bruzzone, OLMC Principal
- Msgr. Romulo Vergara, OLMC Parish Pastor
The OLMC School Board meetings for the school year are 6pm-7pm on:
November 15, 2022
January 17, 2023
March 14, 2023
April 18, 2023
May 9, 2023
Purpose and Mission
The purpose of the Board is to promote broader participation and to invite administrative and financial counsel in formulating policies for the operation of the school, and to assist in devising and maintaining plans of operation designed to assure the successful permanent operation of the school. The Board shall not be in conflict with the daily operation of the school, other existing or future organizations that are concerned with providing advice, or activities in other areas.
This school year we have two committees:
The School Advisory Board is established to assist the Principal, and ultimately the Pastor, by providing advice and counsel particularly in the following areas:
A. Strategic Planning
- To assist in formulating strategic goals for the long-term direction of the school.
- To assist in formulating the school mission statement.
B. Policy Formulation
- To provide advice and counsel with regard to policies in areas determined by the Pastor and Principal.
C. Institutional Advancement/Development
- To provide advice and counsel with regard to the vision and objectives of comprehensive programs of institutional advancement and to enhance the image, enrollment, and financial viability of the school.
D. Financial Planning and Financial Management
- To provide advice and counsel with regard to long-range financial planning, annual budget development, budget monitoring, and financial reporting.
- To provide advice and counsel with regard to communicating school policies and activities to the various school constituencies.
The Board has no authority for formulating policies separate from the Pastor or Principal.
The Board has no responsibility with regard to school staff/personnel or students.